Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Getting to Know You... er, Me...

Hi, my name is Jenn, and I'm... well, I'm complicated, for starters. I'm 33, married to a great guy, Jim, and I have two cairn terriers, Murphy and Penny, aka "the jerks". I'm a full-time college student, and I work a few different part-time jobs. I'm a klutz. I come from a very large family, and I love them all. I love to read, to bake, and to laugh. I'm newly embracing the vegetarian/vegan lifestyle, and exploring homeopathy, natural remedies, and getting my mind and body healthy. I like photography. I love all things Disney. I'm currently researching my ancestry and my husband's. I like to travel. I'm emotional and irrational and a whiny, bitchy girl sometimes, but I'm smart, kind, loving, caring, loyal and supportive most other times. So why am I writing a blog, and how do I expect to have time to keep up with it?

I have so many things going on in my life, and I want to chronicle my day-to-day journey. I have no idea if I'll get to it every day, or even once a week. I am opinionated though, and on any given day, who knows what will set me off and make me want to write! I want to share my silly life, like when we come home from a long day and the dogs have couch-cushion-filling scattered all over the living room, or I go to open a container of juice and my hand spazzes out and I drop it all over the kitchen floor. At least I can laugh at myself, and I'm fine with others laughing at me too!

It's also a matter of tracking the daily triumphs, too, like conquering my weight goals, trying out new recipes, creating an awesome cake with my soon-to-be-sister-in-law Michelle, or getting an A in school.

I won't be ranting everyday, and while I can occasionally be clever and witty, I have to work really hard at it, so this won't [intentionally] be a comedy blog either. It will just be... me.

No comments: