Friday, February 4, 2011

Always Playing Catch-Up

It's so weird, but I feel like no matter how good my intentions are, I'll never be able to write every day. There's always something I want to write about, but my focus has been shot for months. I'd like to write a witty, intelligent, well-researched blog, but that takes time, and I never seem to have any. I was clicking through some stuff tonight and realized I haven't written since Thanksgiving! There's no way I could even catch up on writing about all the things that have happened since then, but here are a few highlights:

  • Christmas was held at our apartment this year. It actually went really well, and we got 22 people in here (including 4 kids) for dinner. I was exhausted after, but it was a great day, and my mom got us a new microwave -- after not having one for a year, thereby forcing ourselves to actually cook, it has become a convenience, but not a dependence!
  • New Years' Eve was quiet. Hubby worked, I stayed home and relaxed. I'm not a fan of being out celebrating... just because *I* don't drink and drive doesn't mean there aren't a million other inconsiderate assholes out there.
  • I got A's in all four of my classes last semester, so for the first time ever in my life, I have an overall 4.0 GPA in college, with two semesters under my belt. Woo Hoo!
  • We were supposed to take a group trip to Walt Disney World, leaving next weekend, but had to postpone until the end of May. As much as we're sorry to be missing our trip with friends and family (who are all still going next week), we found out that it will be a "Star Wars Weekend" while we are there in May, and that's kind of a little bit awesome. We're really psyched!
  • I started a new job, working with a girl with cerebral palsy. In addition to being a, shall we say, spiritually rewarding job, I laugh all day. She is an odd mixture of toddler and teenager, and while much of my laughter is at her inappropriate comments, she is hilarious. I adore her, the job is fabulous, and she has gotten me hooked on the tv show Glee, which brings me to my next point.
  • I am officially a Gleek, and relatively proud of it. I cannot think of another show that has addressed every teen issue out there (with I'm sure more to come) with such wit, humor and honesty... plus the singing is awesome lol...
  • I've also become addicted to Robot Chicken, and am anxiously awaiting the new season of True Blood.

I have to get back to reading... I promise to try to blog more often, with more important or funnier things to say!

No comments: